Plate solving software - Is it real?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Tblog

Plate solving software - Is it real?

Post by Tblog »

Newbie here - Getting along fine with Sharpcap 3.2 (latest). Decide to try plate solving.....
1) Completed default download of astrotortilla - lots of fails in the log, but did seem to install indexes and let me do basic configuration - I think it found my mount, even. However, Sharpcap cant find the solver, and neither can I. Have looked in all of the suggested locations I could find on multiple forums, but no joy. (Win10, current version). Suggestions? Please.
2) Has anyone recently done a clean, successful download and install of AT and had it work with Sharpcap? Details, please.
3) If not AT, either of the other two Sharpcap required programs recently? Also details, please.
Thank you - I'm sure others will appreciate your recent insight/success too.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plate solving software - Is it real?

Post by admin »

When I installed Astrotortilla 0.7 on Win10 it installed to

Code: Select all

c:\cygwin\bin\solve-field
I see there is a pre-release of 0.8, no idea if that is different.

Robin
Tblog

Re: Plate solving software - Is it real?

Post by Tblog »

Thanks - my default install of the current version (.7) had multiple failures listed in the log, and did not even create a /bin/ directory. Just installed beta (.8), and at least it created a /bin/ and sharpcap found the solve-field... Will test soon.