Color Balance

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
SteveJP

Color Balance

Post by SteveJP »

Hi,
Generally, I'm capturing with RAW16 into FITs files (ZWO ASI017 OSC) and usually try and get the color balance approximately neutral with the color controls. At least one other well known imaging capture program doesn't even have a debayer option, and I guess consequentially no color balance controls. It's helpful to get the colors about right, but this can be handled in post processing after debayer - usually Pixinsight for me.
Is there a setting for Sharpcap that produces a FITs file with no correction, much like software that doesn't debayer or have these settings?
Thanks
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Color Balance

Post by admin »

Hi,

The way to get the images saved without colour correction would be to put the colour adjustment controls back to their default values. I think the default value may be 50 for ZWO cameras, but I would probably look that up online separately rather than trust my recollection :-)

The reason it works this way is that the colour adjustment controls change the image data before it gets to SharpCap, so there is no way for SharpCap to put it back the way it was before the data was adjusted.

Cheers, Robin
SteveJP

Re: Color Balance

Post by SteveJP »

Understood - Thanks Robin.
I'll find out what those defaults are.
Rgds
Steve