Questions about Japanese localization of SharpCapUserManual

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Toshihito Watanabe

Re: Questions about Japanese localization of SharpCapUserManual

Post by Toshihito Watanabe »

Hi,

I see that I can add the following text about not affecting the UI update?

"Note that this will not affect updates to other parts of the UI, such as the camera control panel and status."

Always from the user's perspective...

Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that's fine.

Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

Thanks.
Now, I believe that the SC user manual should be easy to understand for both experienced and novice users.
In particular, novice users may need explanations of terms they have never heard before.

For example, Camera Controls > Preprocessing (table) I inserted an explanation of the term 'amp glow' or 'vignetting' (green text part).

In the future, we plan to include explanations of terms in other sections as appropriate.

Inserting a term.png
Inserting a term.png (112.46 KiB) Viewed 1746 times

In the future, I would like to insert explanations of terms into the 'Glossary' of the content.

Glossary.png
Glossary.png (73.31 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

that is a good idea - the best thing to do would be to collect all the terms while you work through the manual and then send them to me in one go and I can paste them into the glossary.

thanks,

Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

Thanks,
I'm going to pick up the terms in order as I go through the translation process, so I'm probably not going to have all the terms until I finish translating all the sections, which is going to take a lot of time.

Eventually, I would like to be able to jump from the link source to the link destination.

Watanabe
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

Plan to set up a link to Glossary (link to a specific part of another document)

As an example, here is the configuration to jump from the term 'frame rate' in the source link to the term 'frame rate' in the linked Glossary section.

First, specify the ID name (unique identification name) '_frame_rate' in the h3 element to be linked:
<h3 id="_frame_rate">Frame rate</h3>

Link destination settings.png
Link destination settings.png (61.83 KiB) Viewed 1708 times

Next, in the link source settings, put a hash ( # ) after the file name in the href attribute, followed by the ID name '_frame_rate':
<a href="39_Glossary.htm#_frame_rates">frame rate. </a>

Link Source Settings.png
Link Source Settings.png (41.61 KiB) Viewed 1708 times

http://docs.sakuraweb.com/download/13_C ... ntrols.htm
http://docs.sakuraweb.com/download/39_Glossary.htm

Watanabe
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

Is the following definition of the term 'bit depth' (ビット深度)correct?

In image processing, the number of bits used to represent the size of a signal is called the number of quantization bits. The higher the number of bits, the more subtle differences in size can be represented (less quantization error), but the larger the amount of data. In data compression, reducing the number of quantization bits reduces the amount of data, but increases the quantization error.
For monochrome images, it is the number of quantization bits itself; for color images, etc., it is the sum of the number of quantization bits in each RGBA channel.

and,

Is the following definition of the term 'dithering' (ディザリング)correct?

A method of intentionally adding a small amount of noise to image data when shrinking it to suppress smoothing of boundary areas and periodization of errors caused by processing and conversion.
Dithering in image processing refers to a method of expressing intermediate colors by mixing and arranging pixels (points) of different colors in a disjointed manner to reduce the number of colors in an image or to create or edit an image with a small number of colors.

Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

bit depth is correct, although in astronomy we only tend to use the last bit (' the sum of the number of quantization bits in each RGBA channel') for RGB images, not for RAW images.

Dithering in astronomy is not the same as the definition you have found. Dithering in astronomy is deliberately moving the pointing position of the mount slightly between captured frames - this can help avoid patterns of noise being visible in the final stacked image as if there is (for instance) an unusually bright pixel, the dithering will move the effect of that pixel around in the image to smear out the extra brightness.

thanks,

Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

Thanks, If so, how about the following for "bit depth" (ビット深度)?

The number of bits required to store the luminance level of an image, which in the case of RGB images is the sum of the quantization bits of each RGBA channel.
In image processing, the number of bits used to represent the size of a signal is called the number of quantization bits. The higher the number of bits, the more subtle differences in size can be represented (less quantization error), but the larger the amount of data. In data compression, reducing the number of quantization bits reduces the amount of data, but increases the quantization error.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In the future, we plan to add a "Back to top of this page" link at the bottom of the page.

For example, you can place an
OIP.jpg
OIP.jpg (2.68 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
icon at the bottom of 'The Tool Bar' page as shown below, and click here to return to the top of this page.

http://docs.sakuraweb.com/download/9_TheToolBar.htm

Link at top page.png
Link at top page.png (121.45 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

Watanabe
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

What do you think about the reconsidered definition of "bit depth"(ビット深度)?

The number of bits required to store the luminance level of an image, which in the case of RGB images is the sum of the quantization bits of each RGBA channel.

Camera Controls > Common Camera Controls > Capture Format and Area > Binning section

Is the definition of 'signal-to-noise ratio' (信号対雑音比)correct as follows?

It is also called SNR.
Any measurement always contains a certain amount of random variation called noise. There are many sources of noise in a CCD imaging system, including photon statistics, dark current variations, and readout noise. The ratio of signal to noise in a measurement is a fundamental indication of accuracy. Since the signal-to-noise ratio is lower for fainter objects in an image, the practical limit on sensitivity is determined by the noise.

SNR.png
SNR.png (29.83 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

Watanabe