Questions about Japanese localization of SharpCapUserManual

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Toshihito Watanabe

Re: Questions about Japanese localization of SharpCapUserManual

Post by Toshihito Watanabe »

Hi,

Last Minute Topics (Thu May 13, 2021 3:11 am) What is your opinion about the three items?

Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm not sure how easy it will be to change the size of the button – I haven't investigated making that sort of change the installer. Basically there's relatively little flexibility in what you do with the install technology that I am currently using. For instance I can't do anything about the fact that there is no right click menu over the licence text – that's buried in the code written by the developers of the installer generating programs. However you can copy the licence text by pressing the shortcut the copy (CTRL+C).

I will keep the line spacing in mind when I do produce the CHM file to see if I can increase it slightly.

Cheers, Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

Thanks, I figured out how to copy the license text.

So, can't you reduce the font size so that it fits within the button size?

***A few words***

Current status of Japanese users
Manuals are still essential for Japanese users to try out new features such as sequencers.
Users who can understand English will be able to use the beta to some extent because there is no language barrier in that regard.

Watanabe
Toshihito Watanabe

admin wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:13 pm Hi,

I'm not sure how easy it will be to change the size of the button – I haven't investigated making that sort of change the installer. Basically there's relatively little flexibility in what you do with the install technology that I am currently using. For instance I can't do anything about the fact that there is no right click menu over the licence text – that's buried in the code written by the developers of the installer generating programs. However you can copy the licence text by pressing the shortcut the copy (CTRL+C).

I will keep the line spacing in mind when I do produce the CHM file to see if I can increase it slightly.

Cheers, Robin

Hi,

Thanks, I figured out how to copy the license text.

So, can't you reduce the font size so that it fits within the button size?

***A few words***

Current status of Japanese users
Manuals are still essential for Japanese users to try out new features such as sequencers.
Users who can understand English will be able to use the beta to some extent because there is no language barrier in that regard.

Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the problem with the button is that it requires the layout of every item to be redefined just to update the width of one button - not impossible, but the amount of work is very large compared to the severity of the issue.

The user manual for 4.0 is progressing - I am now working on the largest new sections (sequencer and sequence planner). A lot of the smaller features and minor updates are done. I hope to have a draft ready for review by the end of this month.

thanks,

Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

admin wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:11 pm Hi,

the problem with the button is that it requires the layout of every item to be redefined just to update the width of one button - not impossible, but the amount of work is very large compared to the severity of the issue.

The user manual for 4.0 is progressing - I am now working on the largest new sections (sequencer and sequence planner). A lot of the smaller features and minor updates are done. I hope to have a draft ready for review by the end of this month.

thanks,

Robin

Hi,

No, Can we redefine the font size instead of updating the button width?
As you can see, the "Change Setup" text is large, which means that if the text size can be changed by changing the text size definition, there is no need to be concerned about the width of the button.

SharpCap uninstall.png
SharpCap uninstall.png (23.51 KiB) Viewed 912 times

Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately it's the same thing - any changes to the layout/size/position/font of items in the installer and the whole thing needs redefining :(

cheers,

Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

Well, it sounds like it's going to be difficult anyway.

So what do you think about reverting to the traditional English string "Uninstall"?

Uninstall..png
Uninstall..png (18.22 KiB) Viewed 901 times

Watanabe
Last edited by Toshihito Watanabe on Fri May 21, 2021 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, I can do that. Alternatively if there is a Japanese word that is shorter that could mean the same thing – 'Remove'? 'Delete'? 'Erase'? Any ideas?

cheers,

Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi,

The following two are candidates:

・「元に戻す」 (Reset)・・・In Japan, it is often used to mean "to return to the initial state," but in this case, SC "Uninstall" is inappropriate.

・「削除」(Deletion) is appropriate and OK!

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I plan to change the schedule add "What's new in SharpCap 4.0" (SharpCap 4.0 新機能) and "User License Agreement" (ユーザーライセンス契約書) text to the "Introduction.htm" . Best regards.

Additional text.png
Additional text.png (89.79 KiB) Viewed 863 times

Watanabe