Saving individual frames during live stack

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
m32guy

Saving individual frames during live stack

Post by m32guy »

Quick question. Just tried using the Save Individual Frames option in Live Stack last night. I had a couple of questions:
  • Are the FITs files that are saved impacted by the Histogram? Or are they saved before processing stacking, i.e. are they equivalent to what I'd get if I use the Capture option from the main Nav.

Any way to include a info file into the rawfiles folder? I find that really handy when I grab frames thru capture.
I've got to say that this was a fun way to grab still frames and helped give me a rough idea what I'd have to work with in post processing.

Thanks,

--Steve
chongo228

Re: Saving individual frames during live stack

Post by chongo228 »

The fits files are raw before any processing. The only way to save them post processing (I think) is the "save as seen" option.

I don't know if you can save an image info file with live stack...I've never tried. I usually include all the info I need in the file field in the top menu. For example M33_L_180s_139g.