Can I define a subimage for live stacking etc?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
padraigh

Can I define a subimage for live stacking etc?

Post by padraigh »

Is it possible to select a subset of the displayed image - perhaps by selecting a rectangular area using a mouse - so I'm only keeping a much smaller volume of data?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I define a subimage for live stacking etc?

Post by admin »

Hi,

For most types of camera you could select a smaller capture area and then move the capture area within the full sensor area to only image a small subarea. It's possible to use this functionality with live stacking so that you would only stack a smaller area of the image. It's not possible to have the full sensor area selected and stacked and then only save a smaller area of either the stack or the raw frames though.

Cheers, Robin
padraigh

Post by padraigh »

Thanks for the response!

I think you're saying that doing a subimage is possible but it's not clear how to. Since I'm using sharpcap to control the camera, it sounds like there is a setting somewhere to reduce the pixel dimensions. I note there is a setting for Capture Area that seems to specify the dimensions of a rectangle anchored at the TLC. Is that what you're referring to? If so I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

P
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, just the capture area control to a lower size and then you will also see a control that allows the smaller subarea to be moved around within the area of the full sensor size.

Hope this helps, Robin
padraigh

Post by padraigh »

Excellent!

Thanks!