error connecting celestron mount

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
wheelers4life2

error connecting celestron mount

Post by wheelers4life2 »

I am trying to connect my mount to sharpcap. I have downloaded the ascom platform and drivers for my mount and focuser. I open up cwpi and connect to my mount do a quick alignment. I ensure I can slew my mount. switch over to sharpcap go to hardware and select celestron telescope driver. click on properties and get this error.

ASCOM.DriverException: CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.Celestron.Telescope ConnectedSet System.Exception: Connect failed, no port defined and no Celestron scope detected (See Inner Exception for details) ---> System.Exception: Connect failed, no port defined and no Celestron scope detected
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 630
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.SetTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM

Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 647
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 373
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.AscomDriver.set_Connected(Boolean value) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\AscomDriver.cs:line 144
at SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper.TryConnect() in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM\MountWrapper.cs:line 50
at SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper.EnsureConnected() in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM\MountWrapper.cs:line 153
at SharpCap.Models.Mount.set_Connected(Boolean value) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap\Models\Mount.cs:line 134
at SharpCap.Models.Mount.ShowProperties(IWin32Window parent) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap\Models\Mount.cs:line 105
at SharpCap.ViewModels.HardwareViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<.ctor>b__11() in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap\ViewModels\Settings\HardwareViewModel.cs:line 37
at SharpCap.ViewModels.HardwareViewModel.HandleExceptions(String deviceType, INamed device, Action action) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap\ViewModels\Settings\HardwareViewModel.cs:line 54
admin
Site Admin

Re: error connecting celestron mount

Post by admin »

Hi,

I've certainly used Celestron mounts successfully in the past, but I haven't tested with the newer CWPI software that you mention – I wonder if anyone else has? Does anything different occur if you try not starting the CWPI software and just selecting the mount in SharpCap and choosing to connect it? In the normal course of things I would expect that to launch the correct collection software automatically.

Cheers, Robin