AstroTortilla Configuration

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
dbunna2

AstroTortilla Configuration

Post by dbunna2 »

I use multiple AstroTortilla configurations. How do I make sure that SharpCap get the correct one?

Tks
admin
Site Admin

Re: AstroTortilla Configuration

Post by admin »

Do you mean that you have installed it multiple times on the same PC or that you have set up different settings profiles inside AstroTortilla?

If it is the latter then nothing to worry about as SharpCap completely ignores any settings you have made to AstroTortilla and uses its own options when running the plate solve.

If you have multiple installs then it could get more interesting! SharpCap looks in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AstroTortilla to work out where AstroTortilla has been installed to (usually c:\cygwin) and uses that path.

cheers,

Robin
dbunna2

Post by dbunna2 »

Thanks Robin, it was the second.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you find the built in settings that SharpCap uses don't work properly then do let me know. I am hoping not to have to add a way to configure AstroTortilla from within SharpCap (it's all so much nicer if everything just works without needing to set things up), but I will if I have to.

cheers,

Robin