...use darks library from Nebulosity?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
GoFish

...use darks library from Nebulosity?

Post by GoFish »

I’ve used Nebulosity 4 to create a library of darks and flat darks for my ASI294MC Pro. Color space RAW16, offset 10. Gains = 120, 200, 300. Temperatures = -5, 0, 10. Dark exposures 8, 15, 30, 60, 90, 120. Flat dark exposures 2, 4, 8.

I’ve been musing about how to use this library with SC Pro for high quality live stacks. Unanswered questions are:
- Brightness setting = 10 in SC?
- WB red, blue = 50 in SC?
- How to calibrate flats taken with SC using flat darks from library?
- Do I need to debayer any of the library files before using with SC? I would use RAW16 in SC.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
turfpit

Re: ...use darks library from Nebulosity?

Post by turfpit »

Personally I wouldn't use light frames and calibration frames captured using different imaging applications.

Dave
GoFish

Post by GoFish »

That’s probably good advice. But it would be nice to have just one library of calibration frames!

OK, so assuming I capture both flats and flat darks in SC, how do I calibrate my flat frames using the master flat dark?
IALBERT

Post by IALBERT »

Hi, guys

I need a library of darks for my master degree in arts project. It doesn't matter the type of camera or any other details as I am doing a project on noise. Could anyone share with me his darks?
Thanks a lot that would be awesome if you could help me out.