Plate solving my Meade LX200GPS

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
tgrlx200

Re: Plate solving my Meade LX200GPS

Post by tgrlx200 »

Robin,

Hopefully it will as I have entered that information into the handset for my location. Again thanks for your help.

Tim
tgrlx200

Re: Plate solving my Meade LX200GPS

Post by tgrlx200 »

Robin,

I got platesolving to work with the Meade Generic ASCOM driver if I run it thru POTH. If I don't run it thru POTH my system will lockup and I have to reboot my computer. Luckily the LX200GPS has two RS232 ports because POTH will not work to allow both Sharpcap and Cartes de Ceil to run thru one RS232 port. I got it to work with both version 3.1 and the latest beta version. I had a couple times that it would not work in Sharpcap and I would have to deselect the Meade Generic driver in Sharpcap settings, press apply and then reselect and configure it and then it would work. I always get Sharpcap and the plate solving to work before I turn on Cartes de Ceil. Not sure why all the gymnastics to get it to work but wanted to let you know and then post as much information about what I did so if anyone else has this trouble hopefully this solution will work for them.