Can I have multiple profiles for my hardware.

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
chongo228

Can I have multiple profiles for my hardware.

Post by chongo228 »

I have two different APOs I image with but I use the same camera. One of my scopes has a Moonlite autofocuser and the other has a ZWO autofocuser. I know I can set different profiles for settings, but can I do this for hardware too?

When I select my camera SC looks for the ZWO focuser only because that's what I have set up. Is there a way I can have to camera profiles for different scopes? I'm also thinking of getting a second filter wheel so I would need to be able to select which filter wheel I put on.

such as...

ASI1600-ZWOEAF
ASI1600-MLfocuser
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I have multiple profiles for my hardware.

Post by admin »

Hi,

Currently there is no good way to do this. SharpCap has one set of settings and there isn't a way yet to set up the second configuration that you want.

There are a couple of potential workarounds but they aren't particularly attractive. One would be to use two different versions of SharpCap (for instance 3.1 and 3.2) since the settings are independent after the initial copy that happens when you upgrade to the latest version. Another version would be to use two different logins on the same computer – each user could have separate SharpCap settings.

Cheers, Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

If I go into the hardware menu and change from one focuser to another will I have to disconnect from the camera or restart Sharpcap? I usually just use the program from Moonlite so I've never tried switching hardware at the beginning of the night.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

No, you shouldn't need to close the camera or restart SharpCap – when you change the hardware in that settings dialogue the camera will automatically reset and the new hardware will be shown in the controls.

Cheers, Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

I'd like to touch on this again and ask to have multiple hardware profiles added to a future version. I have two ZWO focusers now (sold the Moonlite) and SC doesn't know the difference between the two. For example if I have one set to 10k steps and switch to the other focuser (that is around 6k steps)the counter stay at 10k or whatever the last reading is.

In the meantime I rack them both in to 5k steps at the end of the night so they're synced up.

I'm sure other uses have multiple rigs....might be a good feature to add.

Thanks.