Settings for star viewing.

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
melvin

Settings for star viewing.

Post by melvin »

Hi I am sure I have asked this before but for the life of me I can not find the post. Thanks for your replies the previous time but last night as it was a clear night I decided to take some pics of Stars, I got focus using an eyepiece then put in my cameras, a Pointgrey Grasshopper 3 and opened Sharpcap but all I managed to get was a blank screen so I messed around with spacers from none- one-two- three and a Teleview Barlow, still nothing. I played around with exposure gain and gamma, nothing so I gave up after a few hours. Anyone help please with suggestions or settings in Sharpcap. Thanks in advance.
turfpit

Re: Settings for star viewing.

Post by turfpit »

Melvin

Put Melvin into the Search field at the top right of the forum screen - this will bring up a list of your old posts.

Lack of focus will be because of the spacing between the end of the scope and the camera. Maybe start off indoors against a land based object - focus a land based object with the eyepiece, have no other spacers, filters, Barlows or reducers in the optical train (complexity reduction). Then swap to camera and add in spacers gradually.

Once the camera can achieve focus make a note of the spacers used.

Dave