Using a QSI Camera

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
George 47

Using a QSI Camera

Post by George 47 »

Firstly I really like this program and what it does with my ASI1600 and the many features are very useful. But when I connect my QSI camera the 'automatic' image taking feature runs but the QSI takes 20 secs to download and when downloading I can't use any feature which means the program is inoperative. Is there any way to stop the auto feature from taking images with a slower camera and then just take images when I need to?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Using a QSI Camera

Post by admin »

Hi,

There is currently no way to switch SharpCap out of its default 'video camera' mode where it takes continuous images. I am aiming to introduce an alternative 'still camera' mode in the next major update of SharpCap.

CMOS cameras tend to have fast readout and therefore work nicely in video camera mode, whereas CCD cameras tend to take much longer to readout and transfer data as you have noted. You may find that you can achieve acceptable performance by turning on the binning option if it is available to you.

Cheers, Robin