? best way to get SharpCap to update with newest version ?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
numchuck

? best way to get SharpCap to update with newest version ?

Post by numchuck »

I presently have the pro version of SharpCap 3.1.5220 ; but when I go to the help section and click "check for updates" it says "no new updates currently available" . Can you tell me what the best way is to update to the latest version . I was afraid to just download a new version from the website because I didn't know if doing that would automatically update my computer or not ; and I didn't want to mess things up .
BlackWikkett

Re: ? best way to get SharpCap to update with newest version ?

Post by BlackWikkett »

https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/downloads

Go to link and download latest version. Since you currently have version 3.1.x this download will install a new major release, in this case 3.2.x as a separate application. Once installed you'll have 3.1.5220 and the latest version, as of this post 3.2.5973.0. You can keep both version and run them currently but keep in mind only one application can access a camera at a time. There's no real reason to keep 3.1.5220 unless you discover a compatibility problem with your hardware.
numchuck

Post by numchuck »

Thanks so much for writing back . . . So , I don't have to do anything special to make the new version run ? Will it know how to find my camera and it's drivers just like the old version ? And can I safely delete the old version ?
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Takes settings from previous installation.