Focus Control Window

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
smithn00

Focus Control Window

Post by smithn00 »

I have specified a StarLight focuser under the Hardware tab.Clicking on Properties shows the setup panel as I would expect. But when I click on Tools>Focus Assistant>(some tool) I don't see any way to move the focuser as shown in the manual.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Focus Control Window

Post by admin »

Hi,

So to start with the basics, you should see a control for manual adjustment of the focuser in the control panel on the right hand side of SharpCap. In this control there are buttons to move the focus in and out. Depending on your choice in the settings section, the focuser may or may not start in connected mode when you open the camera. If it does not start connected then you need to check the connected checkbox before you can use SharpCap to control the focuser. If you are using SharpCap on a PC where the focuser will always be connected, I would recommend selecting the option to start with it connected when the cameras opened, otherwise not.

Once you've confirmed that the focuser is connected and you can move it manually using the buttons in SharpCap, try opening the focus tool again. Hopefully you will get the result that you expect.

Cheers, Robin
smithn00

Re: Focus Control Window

Post by smithn00 »

Now I see it. Thanks