How do I set black level to a specific value

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
festoon

How do I set black level to a specific value

Post by festoon »

Firstly last night I was very impressed to see the the smart histogram brain funtion to look at optimising the exposure settings on my ZWO CMOS camera...but at the end I have a 'how do I' question :)
I applied the reccomended settings and it changed the exposure and gain as expected. But the smart brain also reccomends a optimum black level. As far as I can tell when the apply button is pressed the black level is not changed when the apply button is pressed (please correct me if I am wrong).
Is there a way of specifically setting the black level to a value e.g. setting to a value of 12.
When I am looking at a live stack histogram there is no scale on the horizontal axis so I do not know what value the black level is actually set to.
Hope this makes sense :)
BlackWikkett

Re: How do I set black level to a specific value

Post by BlackWikkett »

Black level, offset and in the case of ZWO Brightness is the same setting. When you click apply in the "Brain" the suggested black level is applied to brightness setting in the ZWO camera control panel of SharpCap.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

You can enter an exact value for any control by typing the value into the box and pressing the return key or the tab key. For exposure times you can even type things like 123ms or 3.4s

Hope this helps, Robin
festoon

Post by festoon »

Thanks guys, I never knew Black level was brightness in ZWO cameras
I had presumed it was the black level - lower slider bar - on the histogram