Brain

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Frank

Brain

Post by Frank »

good morning.
when I use brain to calculate exposure, have to take only a portion (how big?) or include the whole frame?
I also think that if you make measurements at the beginning of the evening it will surely change overnight.
thank you
nexusjeep

Re: Brain

Post by nexusjeep »

I have only used it a few times but just selected an area a few 100 pixels square trying to avoid any nebulosity and concentrations of stars not sure if that is correct or not but appeared to work. I use a monochrome camera so have to resample for each filter anyway. But theoretically as the night goes on the conditions would change as would the orientation of the scope + any localised light pollution sources so assume it would be prudent to recheck. Although if it is going to change the gain / exposure it will make flats and darks etc a bit of a pain in the rear, I am sure Robin will be able to be more specific.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

When measuring the sky background you can select a fairly small area of sky to try and avoid nebulous at the or bright clusters of stars. A square area may be a hundred pixels on the side would be quite big enough.

Hope this helps, Robin
Frank

Post by Frank »

thank you. I'll try tonight.
still have to go crazy even for focusing.