Polar aligin

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
andycayman

Polar aligin

Post by andycayman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:44 pm

Hey

Hope some one can help me?? just bought sharpcap ( after seeing Astrodude's youtube nice job by the way) i bought it just for the polar alignment only but i could not get it working dont think it was getting enough stars. it would solve in the up position but when o rotated 90 degrees it could not solve. not sure if my fov is okay or not guide scope is a skywatcher st80 and guide cam is a gpcam 130m. when i look at the image the cam and scope give though PHD2 i see loads of stars. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Andy

admin
Site Admin

Re: Polar aligin

Post by admin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi,

there is a troubleshooting page dedicated to helping people deal with just this sort of issue. You can find it here –
https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/fea ... leshooting - hopefully that will get you sorted.

Cheers, Robin

andycayman

Post by andycayman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Robin

Thanks for your reply..

Had another go last night. More gain longer exposure ( 4.5s i think). it pick up enough stars to solve immediately and worked a treat. The quickest Polar align i have ever done!!!!.

Cheers

Andy

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi Andy,

good to hear that you got it working with those little tweaks and that the polar alignment worked quickly and well for you.

Cheers, Robin