Running Sharpcap on MAC OSx

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Adriano

Running Sharpcap on MAC OSx

Post by Adriano »

Hi, I'm new member of forum. I'm trying to install the last versione of SharpCapInstall-3.2.5884.0.exe on MAC ( on PC Windows 7 pro, based I have no problems ) but the setup procedures stop when processing: Microsoft.NET Framework 4.6.2. To run other windows programs I use Crossover (Wine) and all running very well. The question is: is there a solution ?
Thanks a lot.
Adriano
admin
Site Admin

Re: Running Sharpcap on MAC OSx

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap requires a real version of Windows and will not run under emulation such as wine. This is because SharpCap uses Windows technologies that are not well emulated or emulated at all by wine. Some people using Macs have had success with virtualisation such as parallels or VMware, but those solutions tend only to work reliably with USB 2 cameras, and even then some people find they do not work properly. If you are using a USB 3 camera, or want a properly robust solution, the best solution is to install true version of Windows and use Boot Camp to boot to it as an alternative to OS X.

Cheers, Robin