QHY367C

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
VicPunch

QHY367C

Post by VicPunch »

Tried my QHY 367C with SharpCap.
The images are coming out in black and white.
The facility to de bayer does not seem to be there so I am not sure that is the problem.
The correct camera appears in the heading line.

Any help would be fantastic.
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY367C

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you send a screenshot? I suspect that the problem is that the QHY SDK is not reporting the bayer pattern of this camera correctly (probably reporting as a mono sensor). This would show up by the 'Colour Space' control having either only MONO options or not appearing at all (that happens if there is only one option).

cheers,

Robin
VicPunch

Post by VicPunch »

Hi Robin,

I am away until the end of the week but will certainly check this when I return.
What exactly would you like a screen shot of. The whole SharpCap panel?
Vic
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Vic,

yes please - the whole screen showing as many controls as you can on the right - particularly the ones in the 'Capture Format and Area' section. A SharpCap log would be helpful too.

cheers,

Robin
VicPunch

Post by VicPunch »

Hi Robin,

I have tried everything you have suggested
The camera shows up in the camera selectin and I select qhy637C which is ticked.

I still have the same problems.
A screen shot is at www.vicpunch.com/sharpcap.htm

It shows an image has been taken but it locked up.

The colour settings do not show up.

Vic
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Vic,

Your screenshots shows that you have the camera running in rgb24 mode comma where is it would be best to run it in one of the raw modes, either raw 8 or raw 16. In those modes you will have choice of debayer pattern but you may find that the camera just works better anyway. I also noted that you have the exposure set to 300 seconds and various other controls set to odd values. I'd suggest closing the camera and reopening it with the control key pressed down which will reset all the controls on the camera to the default values.

Hope this helps, Robin