Mount control issues

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Kellywilson247

Mount control issues

Post by Kellywilson247 »

Good afternoon

I’m new to this forum so please go gentle with me. I’ve currently set up my AVX Mount with Ascom drivers to control my mount but wine connected if I click on any of the directional arrows it will not stop slewing and the only way to stop it is to power off the mount so as I’m not yet advanced to plate solving I must align and calibrate again waisting valuable clear sky time. Am I doing something wrong and if so how do I correct this? :oops:
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mount control issues

Post by admin »

Hi,

I know there are a number of members on here who use the AVX mount with SharpCap, so hopefully one of them will come along shortly and give some advice. I do recall a similar issue where someone was using a remote connection app from an iPad to run the PC with SharpCap on it and the mount movement buttons didn't respond correctly, so if you are using a remote app then I'd suggest trying without to see if that is causing the problem.

cheers,

Robin
Kellywilson247

Post by Kellywilson247 »

Hi Robin thank you for the response but no I’m using a micro USB lead from the bottom of my NexRemote handset to USB to my laptop. Was hoping to try plate solving from the comfort of my garage rather than star alignment and calibration stars with the handset. Hopefully someone can help with my issues?
Regards
Kelly
DougP

Post by DougP »

I am experiencing the same issue and was hoping someone new the solution.