No directshow with MallincamShow driver loaded

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
thomashilton

No directshow with MallincamShow driver loaded

Post by thomashilton »

Hi
I am brand new to using any camera control software including SharpCap.
I have two different Mallincam Camera's connected.
I see Mallincam as a selection, but do not know how to make it select each camera, and if the SkyRaider DS287c is plugged it I get an error that the camera is not configured correctly. This leaves the SkyRaider AG1.2C which then works fine.
I also get ASCOM Mallincam selections where I can select on the Camera's. I get an error message if I select the SD287c
The Direct Show camera selection box is grayed out. What do I need
to do to get it to work? I loaded MALLINCAMDshowSetup.exe program. Which is suppose to be
a directshow driver.
Also how to I select between the two cameras under Just mallincam.

Tom H
admin
Site Admin

Re: No directshow with MallincamShow driver loaded

Post by admin »

Hi,

the 'DirectShow Cameras' entry in the menu is just a heading - the list of available DirectShow cameras appears below that point (down to the next line) - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Cameras

For both ASCOM and DirectShow drivers the details of how to choose between multiple devices of the same make is something that is implemented by the manufacturer of the device (typically in the driver setup dialog). This selection option - when it exists - is hidden from SharpCap, all SharpCap can do is offer the option to show the device settings dialog via the 'Show' options button in the controls for ASCOM cameras and via the 'Video Capture Pin' and 'Video Capture Filter' menu items (in the options menu) for DirectShow cameras. Hopefully the settings you need will be in one of those places, but the exact details will depend on the camera manufacturer.

You may find that manufacturer documentation helps you find what you need, although I'm perhaps being absurdly optimistic here - most astro camera manufacturers seem to be pretty weak on the documentation side of things...

cheers,

Robin