Smart Histogranm and Histogram Auto-Stretch in 3.1.5219.0

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
AZstargazer

Smart Histogranm and Histogram Auto-Stretch in 3.1.5219.0

Post by AZstargazer »

I have SharpCap Pro 3.1.5193.0 and the Smart Histogram and Histogram Auto Stretch work great.

I updated to 3.1.5219.0 and those functions did not appear to be there....is this a problem or do I have to do something to activate them?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Histogranm and Histogram Auto-Stretch in 3.1.5219.0

Post by admin »

Hi,

what camera are you using? The most likely cause for smart histogram going missing is that either

1) you have opened the camera via the ASCOM or Directshow driver by mistake
2) the camera has changed name slightly and no longer matches the saved sensor analysis

As for auto-stretch, no ideas just yet - can you send a screenshot?

cheers,

Robin
AZstargazer

Post by AZstargazer »

I uninstalled the 5219.0 download and reinstalled the 5193.0 download to get these functions back.

I was using the ZWO-294mc cooled camera...not using the ASCOM setting.

I may have been in the direct show mode....I really do not check this function...I use the default.

I will reinstall the 5219.0 download and check my settings the next time I go out.

As for the screen shot....the menu for the histogram stretch is not in the list....it is typically at the very bottom of the controls window in 5193.0
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, it sounds very much like you may have picked out the camera in DirectShow mode, which can also lead to different areas of the control area being expanded/collapse to what you are used to - the histogram stretch and auto stretch would be there, just collapsed rather than shown.

Now the question is - was it just a mistake that caused you to pick the wrong menu entry for the camera or was it a bug in SharpCap causing the normal one (in the ZWO ASI Cameras section) to be missing - do let me know if you find out the answer to this!

cheers,

Robin