minimize the screen

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Ray Hansen

Re: minimize the screen

Post by Ray Hansen »

When I run this, I get the system usage help file . The first time running, I got a message that it was waiting
for the process to start. I started SharpCap, minimized it (it then terminated), and I got a new prompt on the
command line. I looked for a dump file but did not find one. If I repeat procdump at that point, I just get the
help file. Task manager reports it isn't running and it doesn't sit on the task bar, but it seems like procdump
thinks its still running. Is that possible?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I must say it all sounds a bit odd!

See if you can replicate the first experiment again where you saw Procdump finish and a new prompt, then share a screenshot of the command prompt with me showing the last ten or so lines of output from procdump so I can see what it output before it finished.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Another question for you - do you have a second PC you can test on? If so, does the same problem happen on the other PC?

cheers,

Robin
Ray Hansen

Post by Ray Hansen »

I don't get the expected behavior. After SharpCap terminates, I don't find a dmp file. I can check
this on my other windows 10 machine this weekend.
Attachments
procdumpA.jpg
procdumpA.jpg (248.43 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
procdumpB.jpg
procdumpB.jpg (363.65 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you have an extra space between %DESKTOP% and the follwing \ character that should not be there - I think that is confisuing procdump.

This is what you should see when you have the command line parameters correct for procdump

Code: Select all

C:\Users\robin\Downloads\SysinternalsSuite>procdump -e -w SharpCap.exe %DESKTOP%\SharpCap.dmp

ProcDump v9.0 - Sysinternals process dump utility
Copyright (C) 2009-2017 Mark Russinovich and Andrew Richards
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

Waiting for process named SharpCap.exe...
then, once you do run SharpCap you will see a lot more text under the 'Waiting for process' bit, then send a screenshot (or copy/paste of text) of that command prompt after you minimize SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin
Ray Hansen

Post by Ray Hansen »

oopsie.

Procdump then worked correctly and gave me the attached execution. Then an amazing thing
started happening. Sharpcap would minimize without terminating. I've run it several times with
different cameras, and with no camera; and it is now working OK. There have been no other
software updates, so I don't have an explanation. If the problem reoccurs I will let you know.
Thanks for the help.
Attachments
procdumpC.jpg
procdumpC.jpg (340.04 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, let's hope it stays that way because why it was happening is a mystery to me!

cheers,

Robin