Share your sequencer steps and tips to give me ideas.

Somewhere to share your expertise in using SharpCap
chongo228

Share your sequencer steps and tips to give me ideas.

Post by chongo228 »

I'm closing in on having a sequence to fully start up and shut down but I don't trust it yet. I'm using full moon nights to experiment with the sequencer and one day soon might be willing to trust it to fully automate everything.

Below isn't my most complicated sequence but it's my simple workhorse that does not fail or crash. I still start it up manually, plate solve, and then start this sequence up and go back inside. This has run about a dozen times now for 20+ hours without crashing.

The still mode/live mode steps were to get around an earlier versions bug but I put them back in because it makes my file structure settings save in an easier format. I sometimes adjust the repeat step XXX amount to make autofocus happen more often if I think temperature will drop quickly.

Nothing ground breaking but this will run and not crash and is very simple for just collecting data for hours on end.
Attachments
sequencer.JPG
sequencer.JPG (269.92 KiB) Viewed 3845 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Share your sequencer steps and tips to give me ideas.

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for sharing :)

Interesting that you mention file naming - I am working on a way to keep all the files produced by a sequence together in a folder structure at the moment - will be interested to get feedback on it when it's done.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

with the very latest version, try putting this step in your sequence (at the top) - you should then get a top level folder created for the sequence with subfolders names along the lines of '#1 30 dark frames of M42', '#2 60 light frames of M42'

feedback welcome

Robin
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (45.98 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

I used it tonight and it worked for the first round of images but then stopped. Perhaps I should have placed it at the very top outside of the repeat 5 times step? So it's the very first thing it does and only runs it once?

It worked at first and put all four image cycles into the first folder. On the second go round after the autofocus routine it started putting them in each subfolder.

19_59_30 has the subfolders inside it from the arrange folders steps. The next four folders are empty until 20_39_58. Starting with this one and continuing on the folders have there normal folder structure as if the step wasn't there.

Next time I'll try putting the step at the very start. I'd like to see it not write folders that are empty and not have subfolders when it works. Just dump all the capture files into one folder. I tried to copy the log but can't while the sequencer is running.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (305.08 KiB) Viewed 3610 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, definitely try putting it right at the top before any notes – that was the way I was expecting it to be used. If it still gives you issues after that then let me know and I will investigate further.

Cheers, Robin