Svbony SV105 planetary settings

Somewhere to share your expertise in using SharpCap
jbfatx

Svbony SV105 planetary settings

Post by jbfatx »

I have sharpcap 3.2 and svbony sv105. My planetary images are all overexposed, even when I turn down all the gamma, exposure, brightness...
I also have an old Philips 9000 webcam that works great! What can I do to correctly expose with sv105? Terrestrial photography is spot on.
Any suggestions or workarounds are greatly appreciated....
admin
Site Admin

Re: Svbony SV105 planetary settings

Post by admin »

Hi,

I don't have the SV 105 camera, but I do have the 205. If I had problems with overexposed images using that camera then I would be concentrating on turning down the exposure time and the gain, rather than adjusting the brightness/contrast/gamma. You may have to turn off auto exposure in order to be able to control the exposure time manually. If you leave auto exposure turned on for Astro imaging then it may decide that the black background is far too dark and keep using an exposure that is too long to try to brighten that area.

Hope this helps, Robin
jbfatx

Re: Svbony SV105 planetary settings

Post by jbfatx »

admin wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:44 pm Hi,

I don't have the SV 105 camera, but I do have the 205. If I had problems with overexposed images using that camera then I would be concentrating on turning down the exposure time and the gain, rather than adjusting the brightness/contrast/gamma. You may have to turn off auto exposure in order to be able to control the exposure time manually. If you leave auto exposure turned on for Astro imaging then it may decide that the black background is far too dark and keep using an exposure that is too long to try to brighten that area.

Hope this helps, Robin
Thanks! I've turned off the auto exposure before with no inprovement. I'll try using a variable neutral denisty filter