Live Stack Color Display from Individual Filters

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
dts350z

Live Stack Color Display from Individual Filters

Post by dts350z »

Forgive me if this feature is already there, as I admit I haven't tried live stacking yet.

I'm wondering if Live Stacking could be made to present a color (or false color) image built up from multiple stacks from different filters on a monochrome camera.

E.g.
Select the Red filter, live stack until a nice mono image is displayed, Freeze it.
Select the Green filter, live stack until a nice mono image is displayed, Freeze it.
Select the Blue filter, live stack until a nice mono image is displayed, Freeze it.

Now display the RGB from the three stacks.

It could work the same for NB:

Select the NB filter you will assign to Red, say Sii, live stack until a nice mono image is displayed, Freeze it.
Select the NB filter you will assign to Green, say Ha, live stack until a nice mono image is displayed, Freeze it.
Select the NB filter you will assign to Blue, say Oiii, live stack until a nice mono image is displayed, Freeze it.

Now display the false color RGB from the three stacks.

Here is an application for this. Let's say I want to have a nice Deep Space Imaging platform at a remote site. I'll want a mono camera and 7 position filter wheel for maximum quality/flexibility for imaging, BUT, I would also like to do live streams for public outreach, etc. so color in "near" real time would be important, but I can't swap cameras on the fly since it's remote.

Thanks for considering.
MikeHuerto

Re: Live Stack Color Display from Individual Filters

Post by MikeHuerto »

Hi

Did you ever try this. I was thinking of trying something similar?

Mike
Bortle 5
Skywatcher GOTO Synscan 14" Dobson
Skywatcher 130PDS on HEQ5
ZWOASI224MC and ASI294MCPro
Laptop = Lenovo Legion 5 FullHD 144Hz (Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA RTX2060-6GB, Windows 10
dts350z

Post by dts350z »

The only tool I've found for this is astrotoaster.

http://www.astrotoaster.com/home

And yes I have used it for public outreach.

Of course, would prefer it be built in to sharpcap.
Jschultz

Post by Jschultz »

Have just got a mono camera I have been using color, it would be nice if I could channel the mono images in to respective color channels as can be done with a color camera allowing me live stack narrow band. As current I can shoot with sharpcap but have to take my images to deep sky stacker for processing