Disconnect Camera when Capture Complete

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
HomerPepsi

Disconnect Camera when Capture Complete

Post by HomerPepsi »

Hello,

Can we add a feature to sharp cap pro that would allow the user to choose to auto disconnect the camera at the end of a capture?

Since there is no auto exposure on my QHY5L-IIM, I'd like to avoid needlessly wasting 4 second exposures in bright sunlight while I am sleeping and my telescope is parked. (I have it set up as an "e-finder" to record the broader picture of the sky while my rig does AP)

Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Re: Disconnect Camera when Capture Complete

Post by admin »

Hi,

these cameras don't have a mechanical shutter, so they don't have a limited shutter activation count in the same way that a DSLR does. In fact I have two security cameras that have the same sensor in as the QHY5LII(C) and they have been running 24/7 for at least 2 years. In fact the sensors are design for tasks like security cameras and industrial imaging that are pretty much always on - Astrophotography is just a niche use for them.

If you really wanted to do this I'd suggest looking into custom scripting in SharpCap which will let you acheive what you need by writing a Python program to control SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin