Undo last frame from stack

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Dale R.

Undo last frame from stack

Post by Dale R. »

Occasionally, I will get a stack ruined by a meteorite (or UFO), wind will blow my OTA, ect, ect. and that bad frame will stack ruining the whole capture. I usually only go 5 minutes, but it still can aggravate a man out in the cold.

Can the feature be added... when you see the stack go crappy; hit pause.. pull up new feature called "unstack last frame" and it is removed....

ohhh and can we have it by tomorrow?.. THANKS!!! :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Re: Undo last frame from stack

Post by admin »

Hehe, you can't have it tomorrow, but I will consider it.

What you can have now is the 'Sigma Clipped' option for live stacking that should largely solve the same problem as it rejects pixel values from new frames if they are too different from the current stack value at that location.

I thought I had a post somewhere describing this, but can't find it just now - will look later.

cheers,

Robin
Dale R.

Post by Dale R. »

I was reading bits here and there on Sigma Clipping and THOUGHT that would be close to the same thing. Next time out I will use that. I had some focus issues or wind causing my images to look soft last time out. Hopefully sigma clipping will dump that blurry frame before it pollutes the stack!!

Thank you for the great program and continued support. Sharpcap was the single best thing for getting new people like me the ability to do astrophotography or EAA without the need of a ton of post processing programs and a lot of time to learn them. Keep pushing it to continue to be point and shoot like it is!!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, if you want to dump blurry frames then you need to look at the 'FWHM filter' part of live stacking - that lets you reject frames automatically when the star widths are too high. It can work alongside the sigma clipping too :)

cheers,

Robin
Dale R.

Post by Dale R. »

will try both..thanks!!!