Dark Library Creation

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
jsawaski

Dark Library Creation

Post by jsawaski »

While making a dark library this weekend I came up with the following.
1. I had to manually account for the BIN setting because the BIN setting is not included in the path or file name.
2. The number of darks to capture resets to 10 after each capture. I was using 25 and had to remember to set the 10 to a 25 every time. This resulted in a few do overs because I forgot to change the value.
3. Is there a way to add some automate the process? If for a particular setting group, I could select a table of exposures (such as 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 min). This would be much easier; I could let it run for 5 hours and be done instead of starting each one individually.

I was using the ZWO ASI1600MC-Cool.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dark Library Creation

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestions - The first two are simple and I will try to do them before the release of 2.10. The third is a much bigger change and will have to wait for a future version.

cheers,

Robin
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi,

It would be handy as well, particularly with longer exposures, to be able to tell the PC to shut down when it has completed a run of dark frames. That way we could pack up and leave it, with the rest of the kit on a timer to shut everything off when the darks have been completed.

Neil.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can see that so many of these things become simple to implement once SharpCap has a sequencing system built in - add a 'Shutdown' option to the sequence steps available and it's done for this one :)

cheers,

Robin