A couple of feature requests

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Astrogate

A couple of feature requests

Post by Astrogate »

Hi Robin

I was wondering if you could add a logarithmic box in the live histogram so the data can be seen easier when selected in order to adjust the black, gamma and white points? Also when using the live stack it would be great if you could add a feature allowing one to remove the last stacked sub-image in case of an airplane, satellite etc? Thank you!

Chris A
admin
Site Admin

Re: A couple of feature requests

Post by admin »

Hi,

the mini histogram already has a logarithmic vertical axis. Were you look for a way to turn that to linear or were you thinking it was a linear axis at the moment?

As to removing the last frame, probably only possible for the default stack setting (not sigma clipping), but sigma clipping would ignore a plane anyway. Any reason not to use sigma clipping to get this result?

cheers,

Robin
Astrogate

Post by Astrogate »

Robin, thank you but I know that the mini display histogram has a log feature. The problem is when capturing as " save as viewed live" the display settings will not be saved. Therefore, I use the display mini histogram as only a histogram guide when using the live histogram for all of my adjustments but many times the histogram curve is too condensed to adjust and having a log feature will spread-out the curve more for easier adjusting.

I just started using the sigma clipping and forgot that this is a similar method to median combine which eliminates all artifacts including airplanes streaks, satellites and hot/warm pixels.

Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

still struggling to understand what you are getting at with the logarithmic request - the vertical axis of the live stack histogram is also logarithmic. I'm not sure if I see any benefit to logarithmic horizontal axes on either histogram.

If you are struggling to make fine adjustments to the stretch levels then hold down SHIFT when dragging the levels - it makes the level move 10 times slower than the mouse moves.

cheers,

Robin
Astrogate

Post by Astrogate »

Last night I tried your suggestions and they worked great. There were a few other issues last night that I reported under bug/problems for you Robin.

Thank you for a great program and dedication!

Cheers,

Chris A