SharpCap displaying to a 2nd HDMI video broadcast, a clean video without menus or boarders

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
dvelledge

SharpCap displaying to a 2nd HDMI video broadcast, a clean video without menus or boarders

Post by dvelledge »

Backgound:

we are doing astronomy outreach in Austin to support local high schools and school kids.   We have a setup but having challenges getting a software package that can support our needs.

I living in Austin, Tx, and currently building s home with a large library observatory and media room to do astronomy outreach to school kids. we will use the setup to do outreach with a few schools in the area.  The telescope is going to be a Planewave CDK700 and we will have light pollution. not in the city but close enough to have light problems.  The house will have a media room that is designed to present 4k video, live from the telescope. The media room is designed to support viewing of faint images from the telescope (lights that change to red and dimmable lights down to 1%, high end 4k laser projector and screens all designed to show high contrast and deep blacks, etc).  I was looking at using the ZWO ASI128mc color, and doing some processing / stacking, etc, in the almost real-time of the images and controlling that from a computer with the EAA software and then in almost real-time stream a clean video stream without the EAA software interface, boarder,etc of the processed video results to the media room.  this will help us compensate for the light pollution somewhat and present it to a sizable group.  The challenge is I want a clean video feed that would be similar to looking through an eyepiece and not looking at an application. 

I like SharpCap but it seems to be not designed to be able to separate the processed image feed form the control panel in a clean way.  I could be wrong here.  It seems like it would be a common use case. I want to have the ability to adjust things from one screen and even maybe see the image but only have the video from the processing image shown on the actual 12ft screen that will be in a very dark room. I want to give the feeling of look through the lens of the telescope. I the actual control of the camera and telescope to take place on a separate display and keyboard.

The set up is below.
setup telescope.jpg
setup telescope.jpg (40.51 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
I wanted to know if this is possible in sharpcap and if not, is there a workaround and lastly if not, is there a possibility to using an api or other means to obtain the capability.

Thanks so much for your support.

don

admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap displaying to a 2nd HDMI video broadcast, a clean video without menus or boarders

Post by admin »

Hi,

you can come close to this... First drag the control panel onto a separate monitor, and the live stacking panel if you are using that. Then press F11 to go to full screen mode (you will see a half-finished ribbon control appear that I keep meaning to finish off - it gives you some camera control and you can drag that to another monitor too). What you are left with is almost all the monitor (except for the status bar and a thin border) given over to the image. That's as close as you can get for now.

cheers,

Robin
robrj

Re: SharpCap displaying to a 2nd HDMI video broadcast, a clean video without menus or boarders

Post by robrj »

One person on CN recommended running a script to do it. He said he did it with 2.9.
dvelledge

Post by dvelledge »

Thanks for the response, I got a copy of a script that should be able to do this.

Don
dvelledge

Post by dvelledge »

Thanks fortthe input
cmooney

Post by cmooney »

Hi, new here.

+1 request for having a built in capability to display a second full screen clean display.

I would love to use sharpcap for EAA outreach(still learning), but I don't want to distract or scare people off with the control panels. I would like to be the "man behind the curtain" with full control and preview on my own little tablet, while using a pico projector to show the crowd the full screen border-less image. Also resolution is a limited resource with pico projectors.

My current stepping stone goal is EAA assisted binocular outreach.
I am using short focal length fast C mount lenses with a cheap 1/3" chip Rising Tech 224 on a stationary photo tripod, and I'd like to project a wide field sky region with a DSO(thanks to EAA) onto a screen, wall or the ground. I could then point out the object and the easiest star hop to the crowd, then 3-4 people at a time could try to hunt it down and see it with multiple pairs of donor binoculars.

I think this would be a great way to engage people and give them the satisfaction of finding and seeing something on their own. Maybe more people would walk away with enough confidence to start star gazing with binoculars on their own.
RMSQueenMary

Post by RMSQueenMary »

I like that idea. 8-)