Flip / rotate displayed image when acquiring RAW images

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
DonDavies

Flip / rotate displayed image when acquiring RAW images

Post by DonDavies »

When trying to get full 12-bit depth with my camera, I record in RAW FITS format. Unfortunately the display is rotated 180 degrees from normal, which can be corrected in post processing, but it makes guiding and recognizing star fields very difficult. I would like to see the ability to flip up/down and left/right on the displayed image.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Flip / rotate displayed image when acquiring RAW images

Post by admin »

Hi,

at the moment SharpCap shows a flip option for some cameras (where the camera itself supports it - ZWO I think is the main example here). It would be nice in a future version to add a flip option for other cameras and it's something that has been mentioned before. One annoyance is there is no 'right way up' for FITS files - major processing packages (AstroArt and PixInsight) disagree over which way up they should be displayed! What appears right way up in one is the wrong way up in the other :(

cheers,

Robin