Window color for live stacking

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Bikerdib

Window color for live stacking

Post by Bikerdib »

Forgive me if this has been previously suggested, I searched and couldn't find it.

I know that you can pin and/or unpin the camera/capture settings pane and the live stacking pane plus go to full screen mode which removes the toolbar from the top of the screen. While this is helpful, I think it has room for improvement. From reading different forums I see that LOTS of people are using Sharpcap for NRTV also called EAA. Doing the unpin mode of the 2 panes can be a little frustrating sometimes because I would like to see and possibly adjust the settings while viewing the capture area. And even with the panes unpinned and full screen mode selected, there is still a rather bright frame around the edge that is distracting.

I suggest a feature that is available in another live stacking program, the ability to select transparent panes that are of a color (low light level?) that is not as distracting.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Window color for live stacking

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion - I think that a proper 'Night Mode' would be the right solution to a lot of these problems (the current one is a nasty hack I'm afraid). Unfortunately changing the colour scheme of the whole application is one of those jobs that turns out the be easy for about 90% of the change, hard for about 9% and very very hard for the remaining 1%, so it turns into a long job. I will keep it in mind for the next version.

cheers,

Robin
Bikerdib

Post by Bikerdib »

Thanks Robin. As I'm sure you are aware, when I chose night mode it did make the window borders and feature controls red; unfortunately it also made the area showing the captured object red.

I have found somewhat of a workaround. I have modified a Windows theme that makes all Windows borders black and went through and selected a dark grey for all fonts. I then saved the custom theme for use when doing NRTV. Since Sharpcap uses most of what the computer has saved as the Windows theme, the borders are now black with dark grey fonts. The only thing I haven't been able to eliminate is color on the control panel headers.
Bikerdib

Post by Bikerdib »

Attached is a screenshot showing what I now have when using the program. Don't pay attention to the settings, I just opened the program, selected the test camera and took a screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-01-20 08.02.21.png
Screenshot 2018-01-20 08.02.21.png (1006.49 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That looks really good - was this on Windows10? I can't seem to find the old control panel page where you could adjust the window colours on Win10 :(

cheers,

Robin
Bikerdib

Post by Bikerdib »

No, I use a laptop with Win7 by my preference. I was hopeful that someone with Win10 would try it and post how they did it. I was afraid things may be different in Win 10.

Here is a before and after screenshot for comparison.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-01-20 16.32.14.jpg
Screenshot 2018-01-20 16.32.14.jpg (197.42 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Screenshot 2018-01-20 16.31.56.jpg
Screenshot 2018-01-20 16.31.56.jpg (204.16 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Bikerdib

Post by Bikerdib »

Robin, did you try right clicking on your Windows desktop without any programs running?
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Robin

All change for Win 10, usual MS$ tinkering.
windows-colours.PNG
windows-colours.PNG (52.08 KiB) Viewed 3184 times
Untested!

Dave
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Looks like the 'Window Color and Appearance' configuration is gone in Win10 - https://superuser.com/questions/949920/ ... d-in-win10

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dave, yes, the Win10 version is very lightweight compared to the older colours dialog, I don't think you can change the scheme in anywhere like the same detail :(

I can probably do most of the stuff inside the app window to look like this without too much trouble (although things like menus that appear dynamically are tricky), but the window title bar (and border) colour is a real PITA. There is no way to control the colours of your window title bar - if you want to make it look different then you have to draw all the title bar and border and everything in it yourself, and handle all the mover/resize/minimize/maximize stuff yourself too.

cheers,

Robin