Gradient Removal

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
bemo47

Re: Gradient Removal

Post by bemo47 »

+1

interested in any features able to provide live images closer and closer to what can be achieved with heavy post processing solutions like Pix for example.

I know that its may be not possible to achieve the same level, but all feature able to give significant (visible) improvement to images is for me, mandatory to add here in the livestacking part of sharpcap...

its amazing to see non astro people watching on a wide screen what we can see through our scope, and doing this live is far more amazing for them and us... thats the future of amateur astro for me....
RazvanUnderStars

Post by RazvanUnderStars »

+1 from me as well. I wanted to post a question whether drizzling is considered on the roadmap but having gradient removal would be a lot more valuable first.

SharpCap has saved my observing (at home I live under Bortle 8) and has allowed me to see objects I would have never considered as visual targets, so thanks Robin for creating it!
JimsShed

Post by JimsShed »

+1 on the gradient removal.
DuaneS

Post by DuaneS »

+1 !!. This feature would be fantastic to have

Duane
kgoodwin

Post by kgoodwin »

AstroLive developer here. Happy to provide info on the algorithm I use and/or donate code so that this could be made to work in SharCap. Email me if you're interested.

Kyle Goodwin
djd

Post by djd »

+1 on gradient removal. That would be fantastic during live stacking. Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks everyone, I have some ideas kindly contributed by Kyle – all I need to do is find some time to implement them :-)

Cheers, Robin