File naming and saving when using filters

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
frankieusn

File naming and saving when using filters

Post by frankieusn »

Robin,

I love the file naming template function. One small suggestion though would be to add a "FrameDate" tag. The "Date" and "DateTime" tags both insert the date from when the sequence was started. Once the sequence rolls over midnight the date portion remains the same and only the time changes. With having only hours/minutes/seconds it is quite possible to over-write a file in the case of a long time lapse as in my 24/7 all sky set up. I mitigate this by using the "Index" tag. However, optimally an updating date tied to the current frame would make life easier.
admin
Site Admin

Re: File naming and saving when using filters

Post by admin »

Split out to separate thread to avoid it being lost in the 'implemented features' forum.

Adding more tags to the file naming is actually not too hard now that the framework is in place, but 3.1 is in feature freeze now, so will have to wait for 3.2.

cheers,

Robin