PHD2 stats displayed in blank area of SC

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
chongo228

PHD2 stats displayed in blank area of SC

Post by chongo228 »

I've always had a large blank area to the right of my image while doing live stacking. Even if I make the live stack menu smaller there is still a blank area to the right of the image that just gets tall and skinny.

Would it be possible to have SC display what PHD2 is doing so I can have all the info on one screen? I took a screen shot of what I'm thinking of. Just have SC keep it on top and in the unused space next to the image. Even if it's not all of the info PHD2 displays just having something there would be useful.

Thanks as always.
Attachments
phd2SC2.JPG
phd2SC2.JPG (216.96 KiB) Viewed 319 times
phd2SC.JPG
phd2SC.JPG (300.82 KiB) Viewed 320 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: PHD2 stats displayed in blank area of SC

Post by admin »

Hi,

an interesting idea - not sure if it is possible to put PHD in that space easily, but it's made me think about that blank space in general and whether there could be a better use for it. :)

cheers,

Robin
chongo228

Re: PHD2 stats displayed in blank area of SC

Post by chongo228 »

If PHD2 isn't possible maybe just the ability to drag some of the controls from the right side menu into that spot. My mount, focuser, and filter wheel controls would fit nicely.

Perhaps also changing the shape of the live stack controls at the bottom would make better usage. (Using the images I posted as an example) You could make the histo go the entire screen from left to right and move all the menu options like clear, save, pause, and the stats to the blank area.