Sequence image stretch

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Tomatobro

Sequence image stretch

Post by Tomatobro »

At the start of a sequence I let Sharpcap do a sky analysis and choose the exposure settings, then do a focus and start taking images.
Many times the image on the screen is not stretched so all I see are stars and (say) the galaxy core. With the auto stretch (on the right) greyed out I cannot change this.
So far I have not found a way round this but if there is one please let me know.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequence image stretch

Post by admin »

Hi,

the best suggestion at the moment (without changes to SharpCap itself) is to use the advanced sequence editor and add a step called 'Show a prompt...' - this step allows a message to be shown (with click OK to continue), but while the message is shown you can make the camera controls be enabled for manual adjustment. The intent of this step was for things like adjusting exposure when about to capture flat frames, but it should work in your case too.

If you don't want to show a prompt, set up the display stretch as you would like it, save a capture profile named 'display stretch' or similar and then use notepad to remove all the settings except 'Display Black Point', 'Display MidTone Point' and 'Display White Point' from the profile. Loading this profile should then simply apply a stretch and not affect any other controls, allowing you to add a 'load profile' step at the right place in your sequence.

At some point in the future I will try to unlock controls like zoom and display stretch during the sequencer run, but it is a bit of a complex change to make.

cheers,

Robin
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

Thanks will give that a try.
Tomatobro

Create a new post

Post by Tomatobro »

Try as I might I cannot find a "create new post" even though I have posted before. Its as though I do not have permission to do this.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you have to be in one of the forum areas to create a new post, you cannot do it at the home page of the forums. That's the thing that usually catches people, anyway.

cheers,

Robin