Support for IP cameras, RTSP H264 and H265

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
astrojucar

Support for IP cameras, RTSP H264 and H265

Post by astrojucar »

First, congratulations and thank you for the amazing piece of software you have created.

It would be perfect if SharpCap could support RTSP cameras (H264 and H265). There are many high sensitivity Starvis IP cameras out there (Sony IMX290, IMX291, IMX327, IMX335 sensors for example) and they are dirt cheap (less than 30 or 40 euros on AliExpress). It is a hassle to have to use and intermediate program such as OBS to be able to use them with SharpCap, they add delays, dropped frames and other problems.

I hope you could consider adding that feature in the future.

Thanks!
Juan Carlos
admin
Site Admin

Re: Support for IP cameras, RTSP H264 and H265

Post by admin »

Hi,

an interesting suggestion - I have used RTSP cameras, but only for a security camera system. Is there a standard way to adjust camera parameters over RTSP (exposure, gain, etc)? I think that would be necessary to make a useful integration.

cheers,

Robin
astrojucar

Re: Support for IP cameras, RTSP H264 and H265

Post by astrojucar »

I usually change the parameters using the web interface, accessing the IP of the camera on the web browser, but I know most cameras also implement the ONVIF protocol and there's software such as ONVIF Device Manager which allows you to change some parameters too using that protocol.

Thanks.
Juan Carlos