Sequencer building of a Dark Library

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Panama

Sequencer building of a Dark Library

Post by Panama »

Hi
I was wondering whether it's possible to use the Sequencer to automate the process of building a Darks Library? I have attempted to construct a sequence - covered the scope, and automatically stepped through a matrix of exposure/gain/temp, each time saving 5 frames. But, I realized that this doesn't average the frames, and nor does it allow for a suitably descriptive filename. It would be great if the existing dark frame averaging and save routine could be added to the sequencer functions. The intention would be to allow the automation of the lengthy process of building and saving a darks library. Apologies if I've missed an existing solution to achieve this. Exceptional program by the way! Many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer building of a Dark Library

Post by admin »

Hi,

agreed - it would be neat to be able to do the dark averaging from the sequencer. Unfortunately the way that the dark averaging code works makes that hard to add at the moment :( It is one of the things I would like to add to the sequencer in future, so rest assured it is on the todo list.

thanks,

Robin
azcubs76

Re: Sequencer building of a Dark Library

Post by azcubs76 »

+1 for me on this for sure!

I've got new hot pixels showing up and it takes forever to build a new library.