Sequencer UX - requests

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
zerolatitude

Sequencer UX - requests

Post by zerolatitude »

Hi,

Some minor (I think) requests for the advanced sequencer UI.

1. Can the name of the currently loaded sequence file be displayed in the title bar of the advanced sequencer (Currently its a blank)? It could have an asterisk if unsaved changes exist. Or maybe the word <Unsaved>. Would be a great help in keeping track of which script is loaded.

2. When the advanced sequencer window size is reduced, it crops from the right and whatever is to the right of the UI is then not visible. With this, important elements like the status log, stop buttons etc are no longer available. Ideally a scroll bar should appear. Alternatively, could it crop from the left instead?

3. When the advanced sequencer dialog box is minimised, the entire SC window is minimised. It would be nice to see the SC main window while minimising just the Advanced Sequencer interface so that the images can be seen as they roll in without moving or resizing the AS UI (which has the issues outlined in 2 above). Unless there is a way to do this already?

4. Is there an option to allow changes to parameters while the AS is running? I understand it could create trouble, but maybe some things like the zoom, reticule etc, so that the captures can be monitored better.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer UX - requests

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions - I will have a look into #1 to #3 as they all make sense. #4 is trickier - like you mention some things are harmless when sequence is running while others stand a good chance of breaking things. Right now it disables everything becasue that is easy and guarantees to not leave anything dangerous allowed. I will think about this.

cheers,

Robin
zerolatitude

Post by zerolatitude »

Thanks.

I understand the concern about #4 - it has the potential to greatly increase the traffic on the SC support forum :-) I'll see if I can work the zoom and reticule into the script.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

just an update... In today's version of SharpCap 4.0 I have implemented #1 and also corrected the bug that was causing #2 (actually there should have been a minimum size on the sequencer window, but it was not applied correctly, so the window could be reduced too far).

#3 is more interesting, and kind of related to #4. You can minimize the sequence editor window separately from the main SharpCap window when you are editing the sequence, but if you try to minimize it when the sequence is running then the main SharpCap window gets minimized with it. I think this is a Windows thing - as the main SharpCap window is disabled for input when the sequence is running, Windows is not happy with leaving it visible with the sequencer minimized. The trick at that point is to close the sequence editor window (which will then show the smaller progress window).

#4 is still pending as it is significantly more complex.

cheers,

Robin
zerolatitude

Post by zerolatitude »

Just tried them out.

1 and 2 work fine. So does 3 - its a reasonable workaround and will serve the purpose.

Regarding 4, I suppose the most relevant exceptions would be zoom, reticle, and the histogram sliders. Hopefully something will be possible.

Thanks