Night theme buttons color scheme

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Menno555

Night theme buttons color scheme

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Robin

Kind of bumping this: posting.php?mode=reply&f=38&t=3136 ;)

I don't know if this is still on the To-Do list. But in Night Mode some things are not very good visible.
In this case the outline with the Pause button. Maybe also because I am at 2560x1440 resolution. But I've seen similar comments the last year.
But the blue outline is too thin to be really noticeable. Also there is no change of button color when hovering over them like in the Light Mode.
Maybe a better option could be to change the button color to dark orange when hovering and when in Pause mode, that button becomes the brighter orange used in that overall color scheme?

Menno
dark.jpg
dark.jpg (34.04 KiB) Viewed 583 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Night theme buttons color scheme

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think that the current night mode is a bit of a dead end - it's far better than the previous attempt, but every little adjustment is fiddly. I really want to take the time to re-implement the menu and main frame in the same technology that is used for the rest of the application - that would make the whole night mode thing simpler (I would only have to cope with one UI technology, not two, for starters).

Long story short... Probably won't be fixing this as a single bug, but will be hoping to improve things when the big UI change happens.

cheers,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Got it, Robin
And yes, makes perfect sense to make 1 general UI :)

And not off topic at all ;) : the abbreviation UI is actually also a Dutch word, An ui is Dutch for union (the vegetable)

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, well that makes sense, as both UI programming and onions can make you cry :)

cheers,

Robin