Save all option in livestack

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
timh

Save all option in livestack

Post by timh »

Hi Robin,

Livestack provides the options of saving all the raw files or only those that were stacked. If it were simple to do it would be great if the option to save all the files could append a searchable a tag onto the files used in the stack.

I use the FWHM filter to make a hard selection (rejecting 80-90%) of short (1s or so) subs to exploit the lucky imaging effect and get sharper final images ( indeed the autostacks may be all that is needed). I believe that this selection provides a significant improvement but it is a) hard to prove without the control of having included the rejected subs and b) it is anyway risky to routinely throw away 90% of the data.

thanks
TimH
admin
Site Admin

Re: Save all option in livestack

Post by admin »

Hi Tim,

I will have to check the data flow - it may be possible to add the calculated FWHM to the metadata before saving, but I have a suspicion that the RAW frames get saved before processing starts (that way round means that the processing can mess with the data in the frame without needing a copy as it has already been saved).

cheers,

Robin