Warning when tracking gets disabled

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Menno555

Warning when tracking gets disabled

Post by Menno555 »

For a couple of months now, my mount would suddenly stop tracking without any reason. Just randomly. Did check firmware, settings, mail with Ioptron, and so on but no solution and it still did happen.
Last night I finally discovered the cause: the tracking button in SharpCap :?
It's very close to the arrow buttons which I use for slewing. Without me noticing it, I apparently pressed that by accident while tapping for slewing.
So a warning/question or a setting which can enable a warning for tracking button off in SharpCap could be useful? :)

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Re: Warning when tracking gets disabled

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually, it's good to hear that the cause of the tracking turning off was such a simple one! There have been issues in the past where moving using the movement buttons would effectively turn off tracking by not re-enabling it properly after the movement was over. That one was fun as different brands of mount work very differently in that area :(

Anyway, some sort of notification 'you just turned off tracking' makes sense - I will note it down on my usability to-do list.

thanks,

Robin