Image scroll bars color/contrast

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Anthony Quintile

Image scroll bars color/contrast

Post by Anthony Quintile »

I have a really hard time seeing the image scroll bars on my lap top in the dark because the color of the scroll bars is somewhat close to the rest of the image frame and background colors. I often need to change my viewing perspective relative to the screen to grab them to slide them to check the corners of the image (for collimation checks, as an example...)

Would it be reasonable to darken the scroll bars substantially to make them "pop" better?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Image scroll bars color/contrast

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately the scroll bars are pretty much the hardest thing in the whole of the UI to change the colour of, which is why they don't change colour when you put SharpCap in to night vision colours (I tried to make that happen, but couldn't find a way short of throwing away the system scrollbar and building a complete replica from scratch).

Somewhere out in the future I have a plan to finalize converting SharpCap to a slightly different user interface framework, which will allow me to make this sort of change. Again the problem is that the work required to complete that transfer is substantial, so it will not happen soon I'm afraid.

You might be able to make them change colour by tinkering with your Windows System Colours, but the problem is that making changes to those will affect every application you use.

cheers,

Robin
Anthony Quintile

Post by Anthony Quintile »

Got it. Not being an app developer, it sounds like there are UI platforms that one can build in but they come with certain limitations.

I do some web site design, and it sounds somewhat analogous to WordPress or a WordPress theme.

Thank you for the response! I can certainly make due with it as it is.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, a bit like that - I'm fighting with WordPress at the moment - trying to get it to display things the way I want without having to go back to HTML level for everything... :)

cheers,

Robin