Black backdrop for images on second monitor?

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
dmccallie

Black backdrop for images on second monitor?

Post by dmccallie »

Hey, a very happy SharpCap user here.
We are starting to do outreach at our local astro club, using SharpCap to project a live-stack onto a second monitor.
I'm using the beta 4.0, and it's working well.

However, when we project to a screen outside, near where other telescopes are sometimes set up, the bright white backdrop of the second monitor (the edges not covered by the live-stacked image) are very distracting, and make it hard to see faint images. We've taken to draping black cloth over the edge of the screen (a projected image) to blunt the effect of the white edges.

Is there some way to allow a user to set a backdrop color, or perhaps just default to solid black instead of white? That way, whatever parts of the screen that were not covered by the stacking image would be black.

I'm sorry if I missed a trick on how to do this.

Thanks for creating such a great program.

--david

David McCallie
Astronomical Society of Kansas City
dmccallie

Re: Black backdrop for images on second monitor?

Post by dmccallie »

Ah - now I see that "night view mode" (F12) also dims the background of the secondary monitor.
Cool. I will give this a try and see if the gray color is dark enough to address the suggestion.
Thanks.

--david