Electronic focuser presets

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
nexusjeep

Electronic focuser presets

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
Would it be possible to have a couple of presets as a feature in the electronic focuser control as I use a refractor and either have a 1x flattener or a 0.75x reducer in and have two known focuser start points for the step count that gets me somewhere near written down. The feature would then mean I did not have to find my notes of what these are and to then have to type them in I could simply hit a preset for a memorised position. Alternatively they could be used for a stars setting or moon to get a rough focus to start from.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Electronic focuser presets

Post by admin »

Hi Nick,

thanks for the suggestion - the focuser area is quite busy at the moment, so I will have to think to work out if I can fit any more functionality in using the current layout (and if not, then it becomes a bigger task...)

I think you could build something equivalent using the sequencer in SC4.0. Create a sequence that moves the focuser to 17500 (or whatever position 1 is) and save it. Create another to move to 18500. Give them descriptive names. Now you can run each using the 'Run...' option in the Sequencer menu. Once you have done that they will both appear in the 'Run Recent' dropdown in the sequencer menu, so easy to launch.

cheers,

Robin
nexusjeep

Re: Electronic focuser presets

Post by nexusjeep »

Thanks for that Robin will give it a try as I downloaded V4 earlier in the week as I currently have the scope and setup in pieces making alterations and have also managed to get my hands on a small harmonic drive so currently considering making a focuser drive using it so plenty to play with until it gets dark again.

Cheers
Nick