Save fits iindividual frames in livestack

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
jlgach

Save fits iindividual frames in livestack

Post by jlgach »

Hello,

In capture mode you can save images in many formats (FITS, PNG, SER, TIFF).

But when you use the "save individual images" in livestack mode, the images are saved in png raw format. I prefer to use the livestack mode for long exposures rather than capture because you have a good idea of what you may obtain after the final offline processing

It would be usefull to be able to save individual frames in various formats (FITS & TIFF) also in livestack mode as well as the ability to have the option to save de-bayered individual frames when using color cameras. And probably it's rather simple to implement feature.

bests
admin
Site Admin

Re: Save fits iindividual frames in livestack

Post by admin »

Hi,

the individual frames are saved in your 'preferred still image format' which can be set in the first page of the settings.

https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#General%20Tab

If you set that to FITS (and probably restart SharpCap for good measure) then the individual frames should end up as FITS.

Hope this helps,

Robin
jlgach

Post by jlgach »

Hi Robin,

yes this works fine, many thanks. You should update then the manual page regarding the livestack frame save, this is a quite hidden feature...
it is written here that you can save fits, but not how...
https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Left%20Panel

Just to make things sharpclear :D

bests
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you are quite right - I am working on the manual updates for 4.0 this week (and probably next week too), so I will update that as I go through.

cheers,

Robin