Add "Capture Dark..." to the scripting language.

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
opestovsky

Add "Capture Dark..." to the scripting language.

Post by opestovsky »

Hello.
Could you please add a command to the scripting language so that the menu option Capture Dark... could be initiated? It only requires 3 inputs - number of frames to average, where to save, and finally a press of the start button. I don't even care about where to save or even how many frames, it could be something like
SharpCap.Menu("Capture Dark...") or something.

That would allow automation of dark library building. It would save a lot of effort to a user.
You would just write a script and change gain, exposure, temperature in the scripting language. It would be like a batch file.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Add "Capture Dark..." to the scripting language.

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion – unfortunately the code that handles creation of the dark and flat frames when using these menu options isn't as tidy as I would like and is rather strongly linked to the display and use of the UI. This is certainly something I would like to enable in the longer term both for use in the scripting language and in the sequencer, but is unfortunately not a quick fix. :(

Cheers, Robin