Request for Framing assistant

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Request for Framing assistant

Post by admin »

Oh yes, and this is available now in 4.0.7680

cheers,

Robin
zerolatitude

Post by zerolatitude »

Great.

Tried it out but looks like it doesn't work with live folder camera, which unfortunately is all I have right now given the weather :-( Will test it first opportunity that comes up, along with new star identification algorithm.

Thanks again for the fantastic support.
zerolatitude

Post by zerolatitude »

Hi,

Tried it out with the folder camera and ascom mount simulator.

It looks quite different from the image you had posted earlier on this thread. My screenshot is enclosed.

I'm not sure which way is RA+/- and DEC+/-. At least, it doesn't seem to be marked clearly, or maybe I'm missing it?

EDIT: Found that it is okay when zoom is 100%. If zoom is less (eg in this photo it is set to auto), the ends of the arrows where the RA= etc is visible do not scale properly.

Can this be corrected?

EDIT 2: Just to add, Its great to have this feature. Zooming to see the arrows is a very minor issue and perfectly livable with:-)

RADEC_s.png
RADEC_s.png (996.17 KiB) Viewed 526 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for spotting that the zoom behaviour is incorrect - I will investigate and see if I can fix. Glad you like it otherwise!

cheers,

Robin